Our History

The most important milestones in the history of the Egis pharmaceutical factory.

1913
1913
Establishment of the company
1933
1933
Opening our first research laboratory in Budapest
1950
1950
The company’s name was changed to “EGYT” (United Pharmaceuticals and Nutriments Production)
1985
1985
Our name changed to Egis
1994
1994
Privatization, Egis shares were introduced to the Hungarian Stock Exchange
1995
1995
Servier aquires 51% of Egis
2013
2013
Launch of the first biosimilar product and Servier acquires 100% ownership
2015
2015
A market leader biosimilar product, first product portfolio acquisition
2018
2018
A market leader biosimilar product, first successful acquisition
WarningYour browser is out of date. Please, use an updated version! Chrome || Firefox